The Brand Champagne is a semi-rare miscellaneous item featured in Dead Island. It is used in the continuous quest Time for Booze. If you don't need the diamonds that are a reward for that quest, you can always sell it to merchants as it sells for a decent amount per bottle. It appears as a typical glass wine or alcohol bottle. The main body is a dark green, while the neck and cap is black. There's a dark green label on the body and gold trip is dotted around to give it a posh and premium feel.
The Champagne can be found in areas that feature refrigerators.
- Multiple fridges in the kitchen area of the Royal Palms Resort in the Resort section.
- Multiple fridges and cooling units in the Supermarket in Moresby.
- Two refrigerators in the Square near the southern edge of Moresby.
- Three refrigerators in the Laboratory (two in the room where Dr. Robert West is standing and one in the corner room down the hall through the double doors).
- Outside the Laboratory, in an inaccessible room. A refrigerator can be looted through the window near a white broken down car.
- A refrigerator in a hut in the Overpass Camp, where Amanda is located.
- Two refrigerators in the hut on the eastern edge of River Village, at the top of the hill.
- Two refrigerators in Tim's neighbour house visited during the quest Judgement Day.
- A refrigerator in the Prison's infirmary, where the thorazine for the side quest Painful Insanity is found.
There are multiple ways of easily acquiring a lot of Brand Champaign relatively quickly, or at least, quicker than if you didn't do any of these methods. Some are harder than others, but they're the best way to easily get a lot of Champaign quickly.
One method of farming for Brand Champaign is in the Hotel.
- Start the mission Born to Be Wild.
- Enter the hotel and drop down the lift shaft.
- Clear out the kitchens.
- Proceed to the Boiler Room.
- Repair weapons.
- Continue — you will be at the bottom of the elevator ready to enter the kitchens again.
There are also 3 metal chests in this area.
A second use of this would be while doing the quest Supermarket Journey.
- Start the quest Supermarket Journey.
- Continue through until you reach the main market area where there are approx. 8 floor fridges(coolers) 6 near each other and a couple stand alone.
- Loot all coolers and the cash registers which have large sums in them.(1 register near single cooler in alcohol section, 3 or 4 in checkout aisle, and 1 at desk before exiting room.
- Continue quest a few more rooms until you reach the safe room past the Ram with Survivors and more coolers upon which the game will save a checkpoint.
- Exit game and reload, placing you back in the room with the Survivors. Loot the coolers and make a decision...Reload and loot the same coolers over and over OR the better way to sprint your way back past the Ram (simple as he doesn't move before your gone), jump over or quickly kill the 2 Infected eating, stomp on the head of the final zombie and re-enter the main room looting all of the coolers and registers again. You can gain a lot of money from the cash registers alone.
- Once you have finished with your choice just exit no matter where you are and when you reload you will be back in the room with the Survivors.
If you've completed the previous 2 quests and don't have access to either location, you can follow this strategy as another way:
- You must have access to the Laboratory in Act III.
- The player must finish the main quest River Trip.
- Obtain any main quest or side quest located in the Laboratory.
- Loot every refrigerator in the Laboratory. (2 in first lab room, 1 in back lab room.)
- Fast travel to a different area (Resort, Jungle, Moresby, etc.).
- Fast Travel back to the Laboratory.
- Repeat the process and you can try and loot as many Brand Champagne as you want.
***I made $300,000 with the following method fairly quickly on top of 50 bottles of Brand Champagne and 120 bottles of alcohol. (Safes in the Lab provide you with about 8 to 12 thousand each trip)***
If none of these take your fancy, there's one other way to quickly check for Champaign. It involves a lot of fast travelling around, but it will also refresh merchant inventories if you do it enough, so you can sort of farm for a certain weapon at the same time if you check the merchants.
- Fast Travel (FT) to Abandoned House (Square) aka Nick's Hub - loot 2 fridges.
- FT to Laboratory - loot wallet on desk, safe under workbench, wallet in locker room, 2 fridges and wallet in first lab room, safe and wallet in second lab room, then the fridge, wallet, and safe in the final lab room. Sprint back to FT Map(Corpse near map sometimes has cash).
- FT to River Village loot Matutero's room and take 2 knives from wall next to FT Map.
- FT to Warehouse in Moresby take hammer in front of you, loot bag to right, take bat behind car, loot bags in car(I obtained $2000 a few times), take knife behind Florencio who is a vendor after you complete Spicy Drinks. Sell weapons collected to him for roughly $600 (If chest is lootable it's a lvl 1 lockpick)
- Restart at Step 1. Note - One time in the rotation you can travel to Resort Bunker 2 and collect a weapon chest next to FT Map and 2 up the ladder with one being a lvl3 lockpick. If you want you can get the chest through the manhole to Bunker 04 also just beware the Suicider!